Thursday, February 11, 2016

Cupid Card


Hello!

Thank you for joining me today! I will be hosting the Cheery Lynn blog every second Thursday, by sharing a card that I have created with Cheery Lynn Dies. On opposite Thursdays, I will be sharing an inspiration card for the challenge there and on my blog.

With Valentines is only a few days away, I wanted to use the Cupid die from January's release. I decided to paper-piece him by cutting 2 from white cardstock. I placed one aside as the base. On the other, I used a gold felt pen and coloured is the areas I wanted to cut out and glue to the base. I like the crisp defined look when it is paper-pieced.

I created the background using distress ink, a stencil and water. I saturated the background with distress ink, placed a stencil on top and sprayed with water. Used my heat gun to speed up the drying time. Where the water sprayed on to the distress inked background it lightened and revealed the stencil pattern. Love doing this!

I used one die from the Square Classic set to cut from the center of my inked background (this will get covered up!). I adhered the square to the center of the pattern paper Quadrafoil Square Doily

As you know, I love layering my cards. This gives so much depth and dimension to my cards. Using these dies makes the work so easy. On top of the background, I placed the Fleur De Lis Square Doily and then the Quadrafoil Square Doily.

I used the gold felt pen on the Polynesian Sails Mini Doily and cut it into two. I tucked the largest piece in the top and the other underneath. Added Cupid and a few gold glittered die cut hearts that comes with the Cupid die.


Dies Used:

Cupid - B698


I hope you will play along in the Cheery Lynn Designs ChallengeYou could win a $20 shopping spree at the online Cheery Lynn Designs store.

Thanks for joining me today!

Take care,

Live, Laugh & Create!

No comments:

Post a Comment