Friday, July 24, 2015

Abundant Blessings Card



Hello, welcome back! I have a rich, earthy, layered card to share. I hope you like it!

So lets jump right into the step I used to create this card. 

I first cut three layers of cardstock, one at 4 1/2 inches x 5 3/4 inches one 4 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches, and one at 4 1/8 inches x 5 3/8 inches. I distressed and inked the edges of the largest, embossed both of the other two with the Wood Grain/Leaves embossing plate using the leaves side. I inked them both with brown ink (one a darker shade). I then used two dies from the Pierced Stacker #4 and cut the smaller one out from the lighter brown Leaf embossed cardstock. Placing the die in the center so I could still use the outside (discarded/negative) as a card matte. I repeated with the larger Pierced Stacker #4 die and the darker brown carstock.

I glues all three mattes together. Then cut the Fall Leaf Doily out twice. I inked with a blend of green shades and placed one Fall Leaf Doily down on my card front and fussy cut the leaves out of the second and placed them aside.


I cut the Thankful Harvest Cornucopia out twice also. One I inked with a bronze brown and the other I inked each piece with different colours according to the type of vegetable/fruit. Cut out & pasted the vegetable/fruit to the bronze brown die cut and used glossy accents to enhance the detailed cuts outs.

I placed the finished Thankful Harvest Cornucopia, my Pierced Banner sentiment and the cut leaves to my card front.

In the picture below, you are able to see the multiple layers that the card has. These layers create a rich and dimensional card without it being to heavy.


Dies used:

Thankful Harvest - B600

Wood Grain/Leaves - E104


I hope you will play along in our weekly Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 194 - Silver and/or Gold. You could win a $20 shopping spree at the online Cheery Lynn Design Store.


Thanks for joining me today!

Take care,
Live, Laugh & Create

No comments:

Post a Comment