Friday, March 27, 2015

Butterfly Birthday Card!


Hello!

Welcome back to another 'Card Friday' using the wonderful Cheery Lynn Designs dies. This weeks card has a light colour palette, with a layered design. 

For the base I used Kraft cardstock and matted a piece of pattern paper which is cut 1/4" smaller. I tore the right hand side and placed a white Lilith Doily Edger die cut underneath so the scallop shape is seen.

I created my Doily layered center using the Horizon Circle Boutique Stacker Frames in the medium and large, the Lilith Doily and a circle die from the Classic LG Stackers Nesting Dies.


I placed the largest Horizon Circle die cut down on my card base and then layered the Lilith Doily directly on top.

As you can see in the photo above, I die cut a circle out from the center of the medium Horizon Circle and pop-dotted it to the layers. I die cut my embossed butterfly image with the same circle stacker die and inset the image to the center.

For my focal flower, I used the Chrysanthemum Strip and an altered petal from the Sweet Christine die in the center. I accented using the Baby's Breath Flower set, Tiny Flower set and the Ivy Corner Flourish for foliage.

I added the Happy and Birthday sentiments to my card and add Rhinestones for a touch of bling!

Dies Used:

Lilith Doily w/ Angel Wing - DL263


I hope you will play along in our weekly Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 177 - Anything Goes. You could win a $20 shopping spree at the online Cheery Lynn Design Store.

Thanks for joining me today!

Take care,

Live, Laugh & Create

No comments:

Post a Comment