Friday, February 6, 2015

Laughter Card


Hello and Happy Friday!

For this weeks card, I wanted to create another background using Cheery Lynn Designs Embossing Plates and the technique that I shared in last weeks post.

I decided to use the Wood Grain Embossing plate and three Distress Inks: Gathered Twig, Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo. The difference in value and shades of brown, allows you to see all the amazing detail that this Embossing Plate has.


I cut out two of the Old Barn Board and glued them together. I stamped my sentiment with Versamark and used fine Black detail embossing powder. I trimmed two of the small hinges for brackets so I could hang my sign with twine.


For my Floral arrangement, I created two Daisy Flowers using the Daisy Strip. I decided to colour the flowers with alcohol markers for vibrancy and then added a little flocking to the inside of my flowers for pollen. I used an assortment of leaves and branches for my greenery in a few different green and tan shades.


Please take a look at my last weeks post regarding creating a Watercolour Embossed Background!

Dies used:


Old Barn Board (3 Dies) - B439


I hope you will play along in our weekly Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge 170 - Add a FlourishYou could win a $20 shopping spree at the online Cheery Lynn Design Store.

Thanks for joining me today!

Take care,

Corina Finley
Live, Laugh & Create

1 comment: